1 – Jobcentre Plus
2 – Fish4Jobs
3 – Job UK
4 – Job Site
5 – Sector 1
6 – Inside Careers
1. Is maintained by the job centre network and are continually updated every time a job becomes available. They are both very simple to navigate and have sections on occupational information, advice on writing CV’s and completing job applications.
2. Is a website bringing together all the vacancies notified to the national and local press. It is also updated continually and has useful occupation sections.
3. Provides a job search facility and a full UK job agency directory with website links.
4. Another job search website which will email you details of jobs as they become available
5. This website brings together advertisments for jobs in the public sector e.g. local authorities and hospitals.
Another good source for finding jobs is the local Northern Echo newspaper on a Wednesday. Other useful websites when looking for work are:
• Connextions Tees Valley – Local training providers
• Business Link – Support for starting up in business
• Shell Live Wire – Supporting young people who have ideas for self-employment
• 3W Jobs
Work Based Learning Providers and Apprenticeships
If you require further information then please book an appointment with Mark Corcoran who is our Connexions advisor (Ask Mrs. Riley in the office for details). If you require help with writing your CV then look at the following weblink.