Once you have gathered all the information you need, it is advisable to think carefully about your own preferences. Construct a table asking yourself some of the questions listed below. This should reduce your choices – remember you can apply for a MAXIMUM of 5 courses on your UCAS form.
You need to think carefully about your own personal preferences:
• What grades does the course require?
• How far away from home do I want to go?
• What reputation does the University have for my subject?
• What are the facilities like for my subject?
• What have previous graduates gone on to do?
• Will I get accommodation in my first year?
• Will I have to cook my own meals in my first year?
• Does the University have a good night life?
• Is it a campus University?
• Do I want to live in a large city?
• Is there a Premier League football ground?
• Will I get the opportunity to go abroad as part of the course?
• Is it a sandwich course?
• How will I be assessed – continuous assessment? or end of course/module exams?
• How much will the fees cost me and what financial support (including bursaries) will be available?
• How much will my accommodation cost?